Monday, May 14, 2007

My coma.

Yes folks, I was in a "virtual coma" since the day after Christmas. Fortunately, no one denied me food and water. I did not starve or dehydrate to death (those are my worst fears!) and I am back, feeling very much alive.

Of course, I have many things weighing on my mind as, I am sure, do you. I wake up pondering the future of our national sovereignty. I wonder which of the 20+ people running for president will be the one who succeeds in inking the deal on our betrayal. Perhaps that makes me a pessimist. Perhaps that makes me a conspiracy theorist. Perhaps that just makes me a realist. Regardless, I applaud those brave souls who are paying attention. I commend the leaders among us who are fearless enough to break ranks with the very powerful political establishments of our day. And I join those who are willing to issue the warning, "If you are not paying attention to what is happening in your country, you will lose your country." To which I'd like to add, "And you will deserve it." (insert evil laughter)

Yes, when and if I become a mom...my kids will get spankings when they are bad. And no, I won't ever move back to California. (Apparently you can't spank your kids there or the state will take them.)

All of this to say that the only presidential candidate I see who is brave enough to tell it like it is AND consistently stand up for the sovereignty of our country is Ron Paul. Tom Tancredo has some good thoughts on the subject, too. I guess I have a soft spot in my heart for the rogue Republicans who get barbecued by the Republican National Committee.

Just the other day, the RNC sent me a survey along with a fundraising letter to cover the cost of processing my opinions. Yeah. I gave them my opinions about the direction our country should take, as well as a donation. I sealed two shiny pennies into that envelope and mailed it to the RNC.

And that's my two cents.

www.ronpaul2008.com

1 comment:

James said...

You wake up pondering the future of national sovereignty?

I wake up pondering women. Mostly nude women.

To each his own I guess :)